Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GeekArt: Harry Potter vs Star Wars; HP/G6 parody "Like It's Quidditch"

Less than 10 days until the US premiere of the last installment of the Harry Potter film series, so obviously the fan art, posters, memorabilia, vids, etc are coming outta the woodwork. I've got my midnight ticket, do you?


If there's ever a question as to why so many geeks love both Harry Potter and Star Wars, this may help bring an answer. And as for Dean Thomas and Lando Calrissian (a.k.a Billy Dee Williams) at the bottom: come on, you know you were thinking the exact same thing!


Prisoner of Azkaban is definitely one of my favorite installments of the series so I've seen it a few times. So how in the hell did I miss/forget about this?! God Bless director Alfonso Cuaron for having the sense of humor and the balls to drop this in a "kids" movie. Certainly these mischievous wizards/witches are "up to no good".



Let me say for the record, that I really hate the original version of this song with the passion of a thousand phoenixes. But this version is a HP nerd's JAM. To be played and bumped to at a local theater near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment